Digital Designer / UX/UI – Client Side
Edinburgh, £35,000 + excellent benefits
UX/UI Digital Designer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an onsite team (although you will be officially employed by a consultancy) within a prestigious financial services and investments organisation.
You are passionate about design and emerging technologies and devices. You expertly leverage your skills in digital graphic design, typography, and grid systems within your web and mobile projects. You enjoy working within sophisticated yet subtle visual design guidelines to solve complex business problems and user needs. You are a self-starter who is comfortable collaborating with multiple global teams, as well as professionally interacting with senior management. If this sounds like you, then a compelling opportunity awaits you.
As a UX/UI designer you will be working onsite with the consultancy’s client and will work closely with the client’s Global Web Digital Marketing team, you will synthesize feedback from UX Architects, Business Analysts, Web Writers, Experience Designers, and the Manager of UX/Visual Design to create layouts, specifications, and visual assets. You will leverage your user-centric sensibilities along with your brand and marketing prowess to create web pages, mobile screens, and a multitude of visual assets.
The company’s web, tablet, and smart phone properties are poised for rapid growth across a multitude of global marketsand you will be joining the Web Design team at an exciting and energetic time, and there is a unique opportunity for creative and professional growth as we take on these challenges.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide visual design input/ideas as well as develop designs from conceptual mockups to finalized experiences within multiple digital channels, such as web pages, mobile screens, campaign microsites, banner ads, and visual components.
- Collaborate with business units, global marketing team and fellow designers to create innovative, fresh, and effective creative solutions as well as ensure the highest quality designs, functionality and messaging
- Interface with teammates and clients to deliver work on schedule
- Evaluate performance and suggests the next steps for improving user experience and conversion rates
- Generate design iterations within current design templates and guidelines, with the ability to see new opportunities for on-brand guideline extensions to address future business needs.
- Maintain branding and design consistency across all digital channels
- Manage multiple projects and execute design from concept to launch
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Primarily, create high-fidelity visualizations of the digital experiences we intend to create; secondarily, create the lo-fidelity blueprints that document and defend our approach to the final product. If you can write solid front-end code, or design in the browser, awesome.
Specifically, you will:
– Advocate and be the voice of our customer in our product development process
– Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
– Collaborate and create visual design and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts
– Translate business requirements into visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing
– Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize task flows
– Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
– Generate prototypes for solution visioning and exploration, as well as detailed wireframes – static and interactive — for execution.
– Develop and maintain artifacts that express humanity, simplicity and ingenuity
– Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
– Participate in designer research, persona development, and a wide variety of usability studies
– Bring a collaborative team spirit; be comfortable with giving and receiving critique and sharing ideas and responsibilities.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- BFA or BA degree in Graphic Design or Interaction Design preferred, or an equivalent amount of on-the-job training in web design
- 3+ years of professional experience in website or web application design.
- Solid understanding of digital design concepts, best practices, graphic production and asset optimization, and basic HTML and CSS coding; knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and WordPress, Joomla or Drupal a plus
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and Illustrator; Axure. Intermediate or higher fluency in common office hardware and software (MS Office, SharePoint)
- Basic understanding of usability, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping
- Fundamental knowledge of mobile UI design, with an understanding of the differences between mobile web and mobile app; experience in mobile design a plus
- Strong understanding of usability principles, mobile design best practices, cross-browser best practices, modern web design principles, and information architecture
- Experience with responsive development and frameworks
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to productively and calmly work under tight deadlines, and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to cooperatively work cross-functionally within a globally distributed environment; experience with web design in foreign languages or other cultures or countries a plus
- Experience working in-house within the financial industry or a major global corporation preferred
- Domain knowledge of financial services and mutual fund industry, financial advisors, B2B business model. Exposure to international design and financial business.
- Remote usability testing, designing unmoderated studies
- Survey design methodology and quantitative data analysis.
Salary to £35,000 + excellent benefits and career prospects.
The contact for this role is Graham Gibson, a full job specification is available.
FURTHER INFORMATION: This role is exclusive to the Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership. When applying, please submit your CV in a word format as well as PDF, stating your current salary and notice period.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES: We cannot guarantee a reply to your application and will actively contact only those we wish to short list. This is made necessary by the volumes of response we receive. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
FOLLOW US: We post updates, vacancies, industry news and much more on a daily basis on Linked In (please link in with Jill Gilchrist and/or Graham Gibson); Twitter (@JillGilchrist1) and Facebook (GilchristRecruitment)
Job Reference: GG1709/DDUX/Ed
Tweet Tweet this vacancy
Recommend this vacancy on FaceBook
Post this vacancy to LinkedIn