Senior Copywriter / Creative Director
Dunfermline, Salary range £45,000 - £50,000. Great scope to develop your own role and take charge of your career.
This creative role is something “a bit different” for a Senior Copywriter / Creative Director to join a group of creative consultancies who specialise in the niche market of charity, fundraising and not-for-profit organisations in the UK and Europe (and even world wide).
You’ll be joining as the key Creative, reporting directly into the Chairman of the group, with a view to building a creative hub within their central belt based office (Dunfermline).
Their specialism is Great Fundraising, and all that leads to it; such as brand, advertising, direct response, planning, analysis, training, leadership and culture i.e. fully integrated communications both digital and traditional.
Your work will involve working directly for the group of companies and also directly with client teams.
In the last two years, the consultancy worked with over 300 charities, NGOs and non-profits and this will continue to grow.
Current and recent clients include Peace Direct, Women’s Aid, Salvation Army, RSPCA, Guide Dogs, CHAS, CHSS, Thistle Foundation, several hospices, Doctors of the World, Muscular Dystrophy UK, International Justice Mission, World Wide Cancer Research, Beatson, Children 1st and many from Norway, Denmark and the Netherlands. This list is by no means exhaustive.
We’re looking for a Senior Copywriter or a Creative Director who is passionate, driven to make an impact on the world, adventurous, eager to learn this specialist role, a self-starter, motivated and inspirational and brilliant working face to face with various clients and partners.
The creative director will be from a copywriting background – either a current CD or a copywriter looking to take the next step up.
You will need to have the discipline to work from home and the enthusiasm for much travelling in Scotland, the UK and beyond.
Our client is very aware how specialist this role is, and that the cause driven nature and global reach are unique for a Scotland based agency. We fully appreciate that there will be much training and immersion needed and are primed to supply this to the successful candidate. We anticipate the role will increase in scope, authority, reputation and remuneration upon a successful first year of training, delivery and, of course, billing.
What does the job involve?
This plays out as a regular Senior Copywriter / Creative Director role, with three twists and an extra.
- Much concept work developed over Skype with other team members/partners.
- Developing brand propositions and fundraising products.
- Interviewing our clients’ beneficiaries to get the very best stories in the world.
- Regularly attending events where we train clients and create concepts and copy simultaneously, live, with the client in the room. These are often ‘down south,’ at the clients’ own residential centre on the West Coast or even overseas. Many are two or three days long so you may be required to spend time away from home.
- You will work from home but regularly attend team days and client meetings and events in Central Belt and other parts of Scotland – and throughout the UK, Europe and occasionally further afield.
- You will need your own car but you will be expensed for this
- You will have 20 days paid holiday plus statutory days, rising to 25 after two years.
- Other contractual terms upon offer.
FURTHER INFORMATION: This role is exclusive to the Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership. When applying, please submit your CV in a word format, stating your current salary and notice period.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES: We cannot guarantee a reply to your application and will actively contact only those we wish to short list. This is made necessary by the volumes of response we receive. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
FOLLOW US: We post updates, vacancies, industry news and much more on a daily basis on Linked In (please link in with Jill Gilchrist and/or Graham Gibson); Twitter (@JillGilchrist1) and Facebook (GilchristRecruitment)
Job Reference: JG/1708/SC/Du/AC
Tweet Tweet this vacancy
Recommend this vacancy on FaceBook
Post this vacancy to LinkedIn